Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Ugly Truth

Why is my mom such a failure ? At 40, she still isn't ready to support her kids. There is a lack of everything that a child must get from a parent in this "relationship." I'm going to college in 7 days and she still has not gotten her shit together for me to leave. I wish I didn't have to depend on her at all. If she wasn't my biological mother, I would have no absolute attachment to her. I feel no emotional attachment to her nor do I want to. I don't want to be like her. I fear to be like her when I grow up. I refuse to let my children struggle the way my sisters and I have all these years.

I finally got a taste of the college life in July and loved it. I felt so stress-free ( except when it came to my academics ) and most importantly, happy. I never felt so happy in my whole life. I did not miss home at all. College to me is an escape from this place. I hate this place and the effect it has on my happiness. I feel trapped in this feeling. I once had a place where I could be me. A place I could call my own and just be free but that was invaded when I left for college. I'm glad that everything worked out and I am going three and a half hours away. I had to get away. I'm counting down the days to when I leave. I just need for my mom to get take up responsibility and get stuff done. That's all I want from her. No cutting corners or bullshitting. Just get things done and I will be on my merry way.

Only close friends know my struggle. I feel embarrassed telling it. How both of my parents are alive and well and still fail to be parents. How I don't love them at all. How they are just people that I have to tolerate because they gave me life. Sometimes life can be a burden, a curse. I refuse to let this depression shallow me. I will leave for college somehow. Make ends meet on my own or with the help of my very gracious family members that do care and make something out of myself.

I hate when my feelings depend on others. Especially people who don't care at all about me or my feelings. I hold it all in. Then I tell too much. It gets worse. I've let guys in to help fill this void and that failed. I fail to let go and start over. I am trying to start over with someone new but sometimes I feel like they can't handle the ugly truth of my life. That it will scare them and cause them to run the other way. I want to find real love but I'm scared at the same time. My optimism is slowly fading. I need to find myself. I'm tired of feeling anger and hopeless and scared and alone. I'm tired of crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment